To use the MAMP, your system must meet the following requirements:
- Operating system: Apple OS X 10.6.6 or later
- Mac with 64-Bit CPU from Intel (x84)
- User account that allows to administer the computer (Administrator)
Installing and upgrading
- Download MAMP from .
- Double click on the file MAMP_MAMP_PRO_3.0.pkg in your Downloads folder.
- The System Installer will guide you through the installation process.
- If the installer detects a previous MAMP installation it will rename its MAMP folder to MAMP_current_date.
- Your existing "htdocs" folder will be moved to your new /Applications/MAMP folder.
- Make sure that all data has been transferred correctly before starting MAMP.
- Your /Applications/MAMP_current_date folder can now be deleted. You may however keep it, so you can fall back to your original setup.
When installing MAMP, an /Applications/MAMP Pro folder will be installed in addition to your /Applications/MAMP folder. You can ignore this folder if you choose not use MAMP PRO.