How to Recover your Administrator Password in Joomla!
Here are the steps to recover your administrator password in Joomla!
1. Login to cPanel and browse to using the database administrator and password.
2. Click on the database name at the left side of the screen. Warning: Be careful not to change any of the tables especially if you do not know what you are doing.
3. Find and click on the table with "_users" appended in the list of tables.
4. On the "_users" table, select the username to be edited and click Edit or the Pencil icon .
5. Look for the password field and enter your desired new password.
6. Besides the password field (on the Function column), click the drop_down button and select ‘MD5?.
7. Click on GO .
Once you click go the password field will change into random letters and numbers. Do not panic. That's just how Mysql encrypts your password so it won't be visible to prying eyes.
8. Go to your Joomla! administrator page and try to login with your new credentials.