How to display an RSS feed
Last modified byon 2015/04/02 18:34
- Go to Extensions >> Module Manager
- Click the 'New' button and click on Feed Display. The Feed Display module shows an RSS News Feed from a website.
- Fill in the module details.
- The Feed Display Module must have a title.
- Save and display the module like any other module.
- Feed URL: Enter the URL of the RSS/ATOM feed
- RTL Feed: (Yes/No). Display feed in Right to Left (RTL) direction
- Feed Title: (Yes/No). Display news feed title
- Feed Description: (Yes/No). Show the description text for the entire feed
- Feed Image: (Yes/No). Show the image associated with the entire feed
- Feed Items: Enter number of RSS items to display
- Item Description: (Yes/No). Show the description or intro text of individual RSS items
- Word Count: Allows you to limit the amount of visible item description text. 0 will show all the text
An alternative way to display an RSS feed is to use the News Feeds component that comes with Joomla.
- In the administrator page, go to Components >> News Feeds
- In the component, you can manage your news feeds and assign them to categories.
- To show the feeds on the front end, make a component link in your menu.