How to fix the "Application Instantiation Error" for Joomla!
Fixing "Application Instantiation Error" for Joomla!
Check all the database details under the configuration.php
Go to your Cpanel Account and Log in.
Go to your cPanel > FileManager and under public_html open and edit your configuration.php
Search for the following values:
1. For public $host, use the following:
- gwhs-db1.i.gov.ph – (production - 01)
- gwhs-db2.i.gov.ph – (production - 02)
- localhost – (development/staging - stg01/stg02)
2. For public $db, public $user, and public $password they can be found and edited under the cPanel > MySQL Databases.
- public $db - database name
- public $user - database username
- public $password - database password
Under the Current Databases, you can find both the database name and database user.
Under the Current User, you can find the Set Password to change the database password.
*Always check for the password first either by changing or rewriting. Incorrect password is the most common source of this error.
*Also try checking the public $dbprefix which can be viewed on your cPanel > PhpMyAdmin. Check the prefix or your database.
The following image may help you in troubleshooting your database error.