How to Recover your Password in Wordpress
Last modified byon 2015/04/02 13:30
Follow these steps to recover your password in Wordpress
- Login to cpanel and browse to phpmyadmin using the database administrator and password.
- Click on the database name at the left side of the screen.
- Warning: Be careful not to change any of the tables especially if you do not know what you are doing.
- Scroll down to the table and click on table with _users appended in the list of tables.
- Click on Edit or on the Pencil icon to edit your Super Admin user.
- Look for the password field and enter your desired new password.
- Click on the dropdown button beside password field and select MD5.
- Click on GO.
- Once you click go the password field will change into random letters and numbers.
Do not panic.
That's just how Mysql encrypts your password so it won't be visible to prying eyes.
Go to your Wordpress administrator page and try to login with your new credentials.