Migration Procedure from Localhost to Development server
- Compressed the files to be migrated from your local web server (localhost) in *.zip or *.tar.gz.
- Export an SQL file using your local PhpMyAdmin (localhost/phpmyadmin).
- Log In to your cPanel Account
- Create and configure the database From cPanel
a. Go to your cPanel > MySQL Database
b. Create a database name
c. Create a database username and password
d. Then click Add in "Add a User to Database"
e. Check "All Privileges" and click "Make Changes"
- Import the SQL file
a. Go to cPanel > PhpMyAdmin
b. Select the database name you created.
b. Import the exported SQL file from your local server.
- Upload the compressed file to cPanel
a. Go to your cPanel > FileManager (under public_html)
b. Upload the compressed file
c. Decompressed/unpack the compressed file
d. Delete the compressed file
- Configuration of the config file.
- wp-config.php (for wordpress)
- configuration.php (for joomla)
settings.php (for drupal)
Go to the cPanel > FileManager and search for the config file
Within the config file, check and fill up the following with the right information:
a. Database host
Use the following:
- localhost – (development/staging - stg01/stg02)
b. Database name
c. Database user/username
d. Database password
e. Database prefix